Saturday, October 17, 2009

We live in a beautiful world...yeah we do, yeah we do.

Sometimes I forget how beautiful the world is. I often forget because I'm too wrapped up in my own world to remember. I think it would benefit everyone to stop what they're doing for a moment, look at the sky on a visible day, and think about where they are and how beautiful their lives are. I'm a hypocrite, I admit. I, too, forget that it's not all about me. But for a slight second, when I'm looking at pictures of something beautiful, I remember that my existence is such a small part of everything that the human race has created.

After being abroad in Europe for four months, I've had an unrelenting hunger to travel the globe. I have my heart set on a trek across India by train. I want a spiritual journey to guide me. I want to experience a world that is so different from the one I am currently living in, even though it is really the very same world. I want to dress in traditional Indian garb and eat traditional food that is indigenous to the country (and will most likely give me heart burn). I want to be pulled further away from everything I wish to change about myself and pulled closer to beautiful things that calm me.

I've been freed by the beauty of things before. I want to feel that again, and this time, for much, much longer. I want it to last so that I can finally be at peace with myself and my surroundings.





A picture is worth more than a thousand words.

XOXO,
PennyLane

No comments:

Post a Comment