Sunday, September 27, 2009

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Tonight marks the beginning of Yom Kippur, the Jewish holiday of repentance. I was asked why I fast on this holiday. My answer was simply that I don't know what I believe in, in terms of God, but an annual cleanse can't be bad. Repenting for whatever sins I have is something I don't do enough. I haven't done anything considered a crime, but I'm sure I've unintentionally caused harm...binged on alcohol...made an irreversible mistake. But how can one accurately define "sin?"

I don't personally have an answer but if this one day a year makes me feel new then it's worth the tedious process. One thing's for sure: my one day of fasting will make up for some of my more gluttonous days...which leads me to my picture montage...


Wrath


Pride


Greed


Envy


Sloth


Gluttony -- or lack thereof. (It was admittedly very difficult to find models eating food...go figure)

And last, but never least:

Lust.

We're all guilty of them. Here's our chance to start fresh.

XOXO,
PennyLane

No comments:

Post a Comment