Monday, November 2, 2009

Better sell it while you can

Hello blog world.

I haven't blogged in quite awhile because I've been super busy scrounging around for Halloween costumes. Is scrounging a word?

Anyway, I bought a fuchsia blazer at the thrift store for $4. What a find. I hope I grow a pair of balls and actually wear it out. I'll remember to post a picture when that day comes. I also bought a very geometric and bright shirt that was $5. I'm still not sure if I like it yet. Proof that I'm fickle with boys and my wardrobe!

I've decided to devote the second half of tonight's blog to singer/songwriter Elliott Smith. I've recently been listening to "Either/Or" and "Figure 8" on repeat. Not only was his father a practicing psychiatrist, but his lyrics were quite obviously characterized by depression and a raging drug habit. How could people not see his suicide coming? It's been a trend for years. And unfortunately, suicide happens too often to artists who make music for music's sake and not for the sake of fame. Classic examples also include Nick Drake and Kurt Cobain.

This track, from "Figure 8," is called "Junk Bond Trader." Enjoy.



Putting a face to the name:


XOXO,
PennyLane

No comments:

Post a Comment