I used to believe that everything was profound and sacred.
I don't believe this is so anymore.
I am finally in a really great place. I have healthy relationships and a career path that exhilarates me. I do believe that simplicity has arisen from my current state of mind.
In the past, I always made things into complex realities, and perhaps that's where my original madness formed. But now, trees are just trees. Sure, I can look at a tree and think of it's beauty, but ultimately, it is just a tree rooted in dirt. And that's it. The same way that watching TV is just an act. Whether the act itself makes me happy or sad is something that I've, in the past, subjectively placed into a category of feelings. If I simplify it, however, my action is just an action. The act of watching television will neither make me happy nor will it make me sad. It won't create feelings because it is just an act unto itself. Feelings need not be attached to something that just is.
Thinking simple, subjective thoughts is the key to my happiness. Not everything is GRAY. Things ARE black and white. I've uncovered that reality just by thinking simple.
"An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself."
-Albert Camus
Over and Out,
Penny Lane
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment